Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Is Traditional Airbrush Really Dead?



So in my freshman year at F.I.T, it was required to take a traditional airbrush painting class, which is no longer a requirement because it's been said that airbrush is a dying or dead medium. Photoshop can pretty much replicate the medium now so there aren't a lot of artist out there still working in airbrush. Most people I know sold their airbushes but I kept mine. I don't think I'll ever use it professionally but I would like to experiment with it some more, that is if I ever have the time. Honestly, the last time I saw airbrushing was on tee-shirts at Jamaica Av in Queens and that was awhile ago. Who's to say if those guys are even still there. Anyway I did this with black airbrush ink on bond paper, much easier and cleaner than acrylic to work with. Since acrylic tends to clog the device if not used and cleaned properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment