Monday, February 9, 2009

About Sprinterz




Hey All! Welcome to Sprinterz Studio Blog. A lot of the art work you may see here will probably be sketches and work in progress projects. Some finished pieces will be present as well, but I kinda wanna save that for the Sprinterz Studio Website, which is currently being built and will probably be on-line sometime in the late spring or early summer if not sooner.
My art work here will display a lot of my favorite existing character drawings along with my own character creations. I like art work that tells a story, I think art and story telling go hand to hand with one another. So in the future you will see illustrations of that nature for I will have some stories to tell. I also admire art that have some form of meaning, one that makes you think and maybe even inspire. So I will try my best to portray that.
Now some of you may be wondering why Sprinterz Studio? Why name an art studio "sprinterz"? Well, using sprinters is just a fun theme for me to present my work, that is basically it. However, there is a back story to how this came to be. In my High School days and early college years I was a sprinter on the track team, and man, I loved it. But being on a track team took time away from my art, so this being my career I had to make an important decision to focus more on art. Though sprinting is still in me, it inspired me to create this theme. I rarely train now but perhaps I will hit the track once more for just one more race. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Phillip,
    I have to say I am very proud of you and of your work. The rise was a great accomplishment and I am hoping to see more of your art work posted here. I can not wait for the website, I know it will be SUPERB.
    Good work Sprinterz.

    Gabrielle Celanges

    ReplyDelete